Just in Time Choirs is a community of singers that helps spread positive vibes and joy through singing for people of all ages. The choirs are a safe, fun, and musically rewarding place to sing and connect with a diverse group of people through music.
Registration for the Fall 2020 Session for Unplugged is now open.
The Just in Time Choirs format has been adapted for Fall 2020 to meet current government guidelines and to sing together as safely as possible. For now, we are going forward with a hybrid model and will be focusing on rehearsing harmonies for the songs on the setlist. Singers have the choice to sing In-Person/Online OR Online only.
We will have a maximum of 36 in-person Unplugged spots and those singers will be divided into 2 consistent Cohorts of up to 18 singers. We will sing masked and spaced apart at a minimum of 2m and follow Safety Protocols as described below. Each Cohort will meet in-person at the Little Red Church every 2nd week, alternating with each other. The Cohort that is not meeting in-person that week is expected to participate in the Online version of the rehearsal for that week so that we can continue to progress forward. Each Cohort will consist of Soprano, Alto and Baritone (Basses and Tenors combined) singers and be grouped for the best balance possible. (Singers have the option to identify a cohort buddy below if there’s someone they’d like to be in the same group as them – we will do our best to accommodate.) If at anytime an In-Person/Online singer needs to move to Online only, no problem.
Unplugged Online Only:
There is no limit to how many singers we can accommodate as Online Only participants. Everyone is welcome (returning or new) and there are no auditions. Online rehearsals will be live streamed via Zoom at the actual rehearsal time AND recorded to be viewed at a later time in the week if necessary. Singers are asked to remain “on top of” rehearsals from week to week to ensure steady progress. Singers participating from home can pose questions in the Zoom Chat in real time. However, due to Zoom’s audio latency limitations, singers participating Online will need to have their computer/device microphones muted.
Jems and VM
Jems and VM auditioned choirs are not accepting new singers at this time. Both the Jems and VM rehearsals will be formatted the same. Each group will have about 10-12 singers. Singers can participate In-Person or Online. Those that are comfortable meeting In-Person masked and spaced will meet every week at the Little Red Church. The rehearsals will be live-streamed and recorded for those that choose to participate Online only. Jems, please note that the rehearsal day has changed to Thursdays.
Weekly Rehearsal Dates
- Unplugged: Wednesdays 7:30 – 9:00pm
- Jems: *NOTE CHANGE Thursdays 6:00 – 7:30pm
- Vocal Minority: Thursdays 7:45 – 9:15pm
Little Red Church, 2182 Comox Ave. Comox
Performances / Workshops / Miscellaneous
- These activities will be adapted as current conditions permit.
Fees for Jems & Unplugged and Vocal Minority
- Fees are payable by the first night of choir practice for the term, by cheque, cash, e-transfer, or credit card.
- Cheques can be made out to Just in Time Choirs with current date. Registration payments can also be made bye-transfer and credit card via our website. E-transfer payments can be made to email@example.com
- Any NSF charges related to dishonoured cheques will be charged back to the writer of the cheque.
- Term fees are as follows:
Jems + Unplugged: $250
Vocal Minority: $150
Vocal Minority + Unplugged: $250
- We have a Print-Your-Own-Music system. Music will be available for viewing and printing via the website.
- Your fee includes Members Only access to Practice Tracks.
Singers are expected to attend rehearsals weekly whether In-Person or Online (live-streamed via Zoom or viewing the recording) to ensure steady progress of musical development.
Fees and Refunds Policy
Reviewed and revised August 2020
Amount of Fees
- Fees are determined by Council. The objective of the fees is to cover the cost of materials and other costs related to the activities of the choir.
- The fees are set at a level to ensure that the choir is financially viable, including maintaining a healthy contingency. We are not aiming to develop a large surplus.
Payment of Fees
- Fees are payable by the first night of choir practice for the term, by cheque, cash, e-transfer or credit card.
- Costs associated with any method of payment will be charged back to the member (such as credit card fees and NSF charges).
- Newcomers may attend the first two practices of Unplugged to determine whether they would like to join the choir. If they continue to attend practices, they are expected to pay fees for the full term.
- Fee subsidies may be available by application to the Council, and Council decides each case on its own merits.
Rationale: the Council needs to be able to plan expenditures for the term, based on enrolment. This policy is intended to recognize changing personal circumstances while providing a basis for planning.
- Refunds may be made according to this policy, based on the date that a request for a refund is received. No refunds may be made retroactively to before a request was received.
- If a choir member decides to withdraw from Choir after having paid their fees for the term, a refund will be issued upon request by the member as follows:
– After week one, refund will be term fees minus $10.
– After week two, refund will be term fees minus 15% of fees.
– After week three, refund will be term fees minus 25% of fees.
– After week four, no refund will be issued.
In extraordinary cases of illness or personal hardship, once a request for refund is received up to week six, a refund may be provided for an amount prorated based on the date the request was received. After week six, no refund will be given for any reason.
PLEASE NOTE: Just in Time Choirs sings in a SCENT-FREE environment. Please refrain from wearing ANY scented
products to ALL choir practices, rehearsals, retreats, and performances. Thank you for your consideration to others in
Photo credits on this page: Tim Penney