Given that we are performing choirs, it is important that the voices of our choirs are unified as much as possible for the sake of the quality of the music and out of respect for fellow singers.
- Choir participants are encouraged and expected to attend practices regularly in order to improve both their own individual performance and that of the choir as a whole.
- Singers who’d like to perform in the Concert are expected to attend 75% of the total number of rehearsals either in-person or “synchronously” via Zoom (which means attending the Zoom session at the same time as the rehearsal is happening). This usually means missing no more than 3 rehearsals in a term.
- At least 50% of rehearsals must be attended in-person for Concert participation.
- Singers are expected to attend 2 out of the last 3 rehearsals before the concert in person if they wish to perform in the concert.
- Singers who run into issues with the Attendance Policy are encouraged to consult with the Music Director.